STONY PLAIN & WEST PARKLAND
CHRISTMAS HAMPERS 2020
THANK YOU for your continued support, generosity and kindness towards local deserving families that need a helping hand this holiday season.
The Stony Plain Kinsmen lead the Hamper program for Stony Plain & West Parkland residents. Making Christmas brighter for local families struggling with a limited income. Our goal is to support local families in need with food and gifts over the holidays, and last year, with your help, we assisted 629 families in our area, and supported close to 1800 residents!
Planning for the 2020 season is well underway. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions, there will be major changes to the Christmas Hamper program this year:
- The Parkland Food Bank will be administering the distribution of the food portion of the Christmas Hampers, in the form of an ‘upsized’ December hamper for all clients. The Kinsmen will be unable to collect and distribute non-perishable food this year, but will support the Parkland Food Bank with gift cards for food to contribute to the upsized December hamper.
- The gift portion of the Christmas Hamper program will be run completely separate from the food. The Kinsmen will collect and distribute gifts and gift cards to children 17 and under. Last year, we provided gifts to 750 children in our area!
- In light of these changes, we strongly encourage gift cards and monetary donations this year.
We rely on our communities and surrounding area to donate to this important, local cause. We are 100% volunteer-based non-profit service group, and can only assist those in need in our community with your help. This year provides us with an added challenge, and our primary goal is to have donations meet the need in our area at Christmas. We will all need to get creative with ways to encourage donations to support our local families this year!
YOU CAN HELP us reach our goals and support your community at Christmas by DONATING:
- Monetary donations or local grocery store gift cards will go towards a family’s ‘upsized’ December food hamper.
- Gift cards or new, unwrapped gifts for children 17 and under (local gift cards are ideal for ages 10+).
HOW TO DONATE:
- We can accept all monetary, gift card and toy donations; please check our websites for updates
- Donate at designated drop locations around Stony Plain (information will be updated on the website once locations are confirmed)
- Cheques can be made payable to:
- Stony Plain Kinsmen Christmas Hampers
Stony Plain, AB T7Z 1X7
- Donate online - Donorbox link is located on this page "Donate Online"
The gifts will be organized and assembled for each family the week of December 14th, 2020; in Stony Plain at the Pavilion at Heritage Park. Due to COVID, we will be strictly adhering to health guidelines and restrictions, and kindly ask that you follow the donation process as outlined above.
For information updates, please check our Facebook page or this website.
Please direct any questions to Kinsmen Christmas Hampers at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message at 780-915-6934!
THANK YOU for your incredible support of local families at Christmas. Best wishes for a safe, happy and healthy holiday season!
The Stony Plain Kinsmen Christmas Hamper Project